Resource InventoryLeading global producer and marketer of Zinc and Lead.
2019 Summary Stats
$1.8bn adjusted EBITDA
1, 078kt Zn production
280kt Pb production
4.2Mt Zn & Pb conc. sold
56 Operations globally
Challenges faced by Mineral Companies Listed on Major Exchanges
- Significant effort and coordination to pull together multiple sources of data in spreadsheets or aging systems
- Tracking reviews, approvals, sign off, internal & external audits
- Certifying and reporting mineral Resource and reserve information with confidence
Zinc Project Goals and Objectives
- Improve management of reporting by obtaining increased operational efficiencies,
and data quality improvements
- Adopt a Mineral Inventory Governance and Reporting Process through introduction
of a flexible, centralized database repository with standard:
- Governance, Workflow Management/Notifications, External Reporting, Analytics, Security, Performance Monitoring and vendor adapted for on-going regulatory changes
- Provide internal/external auditability of data sources, and changes to information
- Diversify Risk by introducing Mineral Inventory Governance and Reporting System super users to avoid a singular person possessing sole knowledge of the entire reporting process.
- K2fly has the world’s only off-the-shelf Mineral Resource and Reserve governance and reporting solution available in the market
- K2fly is rapidly becoming the global standard with a long list of Tier I & II global mining companies, and customers collaborating on best practices
- Board and shareholders trust and confidence in critical governance process
- On-going vendor expertise and R&D to support regulatory changes and build new functionality
- Improved governance and compliance of reports
- Fully auditable mineral inventory reporting system
- Competent/Qualified Person’s Register
- Workflow enabled processes with authorizations
- Streamlined annual reporting process, with efficient consolidation of data
- RCubed provides a single version of truth
- Reconciliation reporting and validation
We have a vast wealth of knowledge to share, please select the topic that you’re interested in to learn more.
ESG and social licence in mining
In episode 8 of the Pay It Forward series, Boardroom. Media Reporter Velvet-Belle Templeman speaks to Nic Pollock, our Chief Commercial Officer about how we assist companies in the mining sector to better manage their ESG obligations. In this episode he discusses the role of the mining sector as critical to ensuring a sustainable future....
IMARC 2020 – Sustainability, Transparency & Governance
On of the most important themes of IMARC Global this year was around sustainability and transparency plus that of ESG, community, engagement, collaboration, HSE and social value. We shouldn’t just think of this theme as a silo, but rather, that is it interwoven into everything else the industry does; investment, exploration, development, production, supply, etc. Our CCO...
K2fly SAP Endorsed Apps Certification
K2fly achieves SAP endorsed Apps Certification milestone after rigorous testing K2fly became one of only 12 companies across the globe to achieve SAP certification, and the only app solution in the Mining Industry Business Unit. The SAP partners solutions are tested and premium certified by SAP with added security, in-depth testing, and measurements against benchmark...
Ronald McDonald House Home for Dinner Fundraising Initiative
Eight of our K2fly staff gave up their time last week to test their culinary skills at Ronald McDonald House Nedlands Home for Dinner cooking program. The program benefits WA’s seriously ill children and their families. The fundraising initiative sees volunteers take over the kitchen preparing, slicing and dicing and serving meals to those children...
K2fly buys Decipher to extend its tailings and rehabilitation software suite
Mining software company K2fly is again expanding its suite of governance and technical assurance solutions that are in high demand with its global client base, following the announcement of its purchase of Decipher mining. Decipher will bring additional depth to K2fly’s growing suite in tailings and rehabilitation and extends K2fly’s technical assurance and governance footprint...