What are the risks and dangers involved with tailings storage facilities?
Tailings failures and disasters can lead to: – Fatalities – Missing people – Compromised transport routes including roads, bridges and railways – Illness – River pollution – Flora and fauna damage and contamination – Power disruption – Utility damage – Drainage contamination – Flooding – Water contamination – Mud slides and spills – Homes lost
Download this FREE guide to find out about the 57 major tailings dam failures (2000 – 2020)Tailings dam failures constitute a massive risk for the industry, regulators, facility designers and Engineer’s of Record (EoR), community, environment, and lastly, for operators; posing a significant risk to their safety. Now more than ever, it’s crucial that mining companies adopt a proactive approach with the monitoring of these facilities and the reporting of dam safety to ensure their corporate social responsibility and social licence to operate.
Effectively monitor your tailings storage facility with DecipherDecipher is designed to provide you with key data and insights, enabling you to effectively monitor your TSF and your environmental obligations and compliance. Our solution can be securely accessed by industry, regulators, designers and operators involved in the management of TSFs. Decipher offers a comprehensive and functionally rich solution which combines regulatory (Compliance Management Software), mining waste management, stakeholder engagement, environmental monitoring, and environmental management system (EMS) tools to assist with tailings management:
- View real-time data and receive exceedance alerts
- Monitor land movement with remote sensing and InSAR datasets
- Visualise real-time LiDAR data with insights into dam movement
- Securely store and access all of your tailings data in the one place
- Upload and reference key documentation
- Visualise facilities across multiple sites in a single screen on a geospatial map
- Monitor your facilities with InSAR, LiDAR, DEM and more
- Capture a wide range of monitoring data and indicators such as surface and groundwater, decant pond water levels and quality, and embankment conditions
- Capture and track obligations and conditions around your licence to operate to manage your key risks and actions
- Action and task delegation for data collection with reminders
- Maintain and track environmental monitoring compliance limits and exceedances
- Manage and engage with all of your stakeholders with one central repository
- Convert your engagements into actionable outcomes
- Forecast, plan and track your sites activities using IBM’s Weather data
- Create corporate report templates and meet requests for data provision from industry groups such as ICMM, Global Tailings Portal, PRI and UNEP
- Integration capability with third party systems or public portals such as the Global Tailings Portal
Watch this video to find out more
YotuWP warning: API Key was removed, please contact to your admin about this issues.
Request a demo
Want to find out more about tailings storage monitoring?