- K2fly Ltd (ASX:K2F) has partnered with Perth-based Decipher, which offers a cloud monitoring platform, to create an integrated monitoring and governance platform for tailings storage facilities.
- Decipher solves tech challenge for Rio Tinto
- Download this FREE guide to find out about the 57 major tailings dam failures (2000 – 2020)
- Are you ready for the next round of Investor Mining and Tailings Safety Initiative reports? Watch this FREE webinar to learn more
Supporting complianceK2fly chief commercial officer Nic Pollock said the businesses had combined their complementary technology strengths to create a solution that would assist mining and resources companies to manage these risks.
He said: “Our proposed solution will ensure industry has access to a significantly better tool to aid monitoring and governance of TSFs to recognised standards. “The solution reflects best practice and will support compliance with the Global Industry Standard on Tailings Management recently endorsed by the International Council on Mining and Metals (ICMM) and other Global Tailings Review convenors, as well as standards set by national regulatory bodies.”
Cost-effective solutionDecipher chief executive officer Anthony Walker said tailings management was recognised as one of the top 10 risks in 2020 to the global mining industry in a recent report by KPMG. He said: “The resources industry needs a solution that is cost-effective, comprehensive and accessible – and we can deliver on that.” Decipher and K2fly have commenced discussions with several global miners about the proposed tailings management solution, which can also be deployed remotely during COVID-19. Originally published by Proactive Investors.
Effectively monitor your tailings storage facility with DecipherDecipher’s Tailings solution is designed to provide you with key data and insights, enabling you to effectively monitor your TSF and your environmental obligations and compliance. Our solution can be securely accessed by industry, regulators, designers and operators involved in the management of TSFs. Decipher offers a comprehensive and functionally rich solution which combines regulatory (Compliance Management Software), mining waste management, stakeholder engagement, environmental monitoring, and environmental management system (EMS) tools to assist with tailings management:
- View real-time data and receive exceedance alerts
- Monitor land movement with remote sensing and InSAR datasets
- Visualise real-time LiDAR data with insights into dam movement
- Securely store and access all of your tailings data in the one place
- Upload and reference key documentation
- Visualise facilities across multiple sites in a single screen on a geospatial map
- Monitor your facilities with InSAR, LiDAR, DEM and more
- Capture a wide range of monitoring data and indicators such as surface and groundwater, decant pond water levels and quality, and embankment conditions
- Capture and track obligations and conditions around your licence to operate to manage your key risks and actions
- Action and task delegation for data collection with reminders
- Maintain and track environmental monitoring compliance limits and exceedances
- Manage and engage with all of your stakeholders with one central repository
- Convert your engagements into actionable outcomes
- Forecast, plan and track your sites activities using IBM’s Weather data
- Create corporate report templates and meet requests for data provision from industry groups such as ICMM, Global Tailings Portal, PRI and UNEP
- Integration capability with third party systems or public portals such as the Global Tailings Portal
Request a demo
Want to find out more about tailings storage monitoring?