ESG in Mining
How does ESG apply to the mining industry?
Environmental, social and governance (ESG) is a term used by socially conscious investors to evaluate corporate behaviour and non-financial performance indicators which include approaches to sustainable, ethical and corporate governance issues. Due to the very nature of the metals and mining industry, ESG has long been a focus for governments, NGOs, industry bodies and wider society concerned by the environmental and social impacts of the extractives sector. Over recent years, these concerns have led to the introduction of wide-reaching and robust ESG-focused regulations, codes and principles that mining companies are now obliged and expected to observe.
How to uphold & visually demonstrate your commitment to ESGDecipher is trusted by resource and energy teams globally to support their Rehabilitation and Cloosure, and to facilitate improved safety and reduced risk for Tailings Storage Facility monitoring. Armed with Decipher, our clients are empowered to effectively uphold and demonstrate their commitment to ESG including the ICMM Mining Principles. Decipher has been built to adhere to industry best practice and compliance requirements such as the Investor Mining and Tailings Safety Initiative, the Global Tailings Portal and ICMM, and has been designed to provide you with key data and insights so that you can easily demonstrate your company’s commitment to ESG.
Key benefits of Decipher’s ESG capabilities
- Partner with a Wesfarmers Subsidiary (ASX:WES) that is passionate about accelerating the responsible, sustainable and productive management of earth’s resources
- Visually demonstrate your commitment to ESG & ICMM’s Mining Principles with Decipher’s geospatial map, environmental monitoring, compliance, tailings, and stakeholder tools
- Adhere to best practice and meet the requirements of ICMM, Global Tailings Portal, PRI, UNEP, and Church of England Pensions Board
- Protect World Heritage Sites and legally designated areas by mapping disturbance and non-disturbance areas on the geospatial map
- Establish, monitor and measure mine closure completion criteria over time as well as manage and track disturbance and rehabilitation planning targets against delivery
- Uphold and ensure compliance by capturing important obligation information, and address and manage key deliverables
- Drive effective environmental monitoring to help minimise the environmental footprint of large scale projects
- Access and visualise advanced satellite imagery and analysis to demonstrate pre and post project performance
- Identify, track and report on stakeholder profiles and important stakeholder metrics, including the ability to highlight trends in stakeholder sentiments and themes, and assign related actions to team members
- Drive proactive tailings management with our comprehensive and functionally rich Tailings solution
Request a full demo of Decipher
Want to find out more about mine rehabilitation?
- What is mine rehabilitation and closure?
- What are some key challenges facing mine rehabilitation and closure?
- How much does mine rehabilitation cost?
- What are the advancements in mine rehabilitation technology?
- What are some best practice mine rehabilitation methods?
- How to take a macro and micro approach to mine rehabilitation
- What is CRC-TiME?
- How to become an industry leader in mine rehabilitation
- Download this free Guide to Mine Rehabilitation in Australia