In this article:
- Glencore transformed 52 hectares of the Ulan coal operation in NSW into a habitat for native plants and animals
- Their detailed monitoring programs have recorded eight species of endangered birds including the painted honeyeater and three species of endangered bats
- See what score you get for your Rehabilitation and Closure program
- Find out about Decipher’s Rehabilitation and Closure solution
“Our detailed monitoring programs have recorded eight species of endangered birds including the painted honeyeater and three species of endangered bats,” – Ulan environment and community manager, Robyn Stoney“The rehabilitation process began with 10 native plant species in the original seed mix and our monitoring has now recorded more than 45 more plant species in the area. “Trees have grown to around 10 metres tall and an understory has developed, including groundcovers and moss that are indicative of successive regeneration and healthy soils.” Glencore has also achieved government sign-off for its rehabilitation of the Westside site near Newcastle in New South Wales and at the Rolleston and Newlands operations in Queensland’s Bowen Basin.
How to drive progressive rehabilitation and closure[embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=340Weed-sww[/embedyt] Originally published by Australian Mining.
Decipher’s Rehabilitation & Closure SolutionArmed with Decipher’s Rehabilitation & Closure solution, including GIS, remote sensing, monitoring and management tools means you can easily capture and analyse a wide range of environmental monitoring data, manage risks and issues around put backfilling, rapid flooding, slope instability and acid generation, and ensure you’re meeting your environmental obligations and compliance with alerts and notifications of exceedances.
Watch this video to find out how to drive progressive rehabilitation and closure
Request a full demo of Decipher
Want to find out more about mine rehabilitation?
- What is mine rehabilitation and closure?
- What are some key challenges facing mine rehabilitation and closure?
- How much does mine rehabilitation cost?
- What are the advancements in mine rehabilitation technology?
- What are some best practice mine rehabilitation methods?
- How to take a macro and micro approach to mine rehabilitation
- What is CRC-TiME?
- How to become an industry leader in mine rehabilitation
- Download this free Guide to Mine Rehabilitation in Australia