“It’s not going to happen overnight but restarting mining operations at the former Ellendale mine will be a high point in the rejuvenation of diamond exploration and mining in the Kimberley,” he said. “It has taken 12 months to get to this point, but the State Government’s tendering process is highly confidential and very thorough, so it is pleasing to have the expression of interest process wrapped up.”After the mine closure in 2015, the Government created an exemption area under section 19 of the Mining Act to allow mining companies to apply for a new tenure. Originally published by Australian Mining.
Find out how mine rehabilitation legislation in Australia is changing in our FREE guide.
- National consortium on mine closure passes first hurdle
- What are the different types of mine rehab?
- Is mine rehabilitation in Australia progressive?
- Speak to our team for a free demo of our mine rehabilitation tool, DecipherGreen
- See how our solutions help manage environmental, standard and approval requirements for mine rehabilitation here